Ascentria Care Alliance is seeking a Senior Vice President of External Relations to complement our team!
The Senior Vice President of External Relations is a key member of our executive team and will play a large role in organizational strategy. You will bring your experience with developing strategic priorities for fundraising, communications, advocacy and marketing and will represent Ascentria to the media, stakeholders, funders, and government officials. Your experience and expertise will help advise the CEO on strategic planning and organizational development. The Senior Vice President of External Relations is responsible for strategic relationship development with key stakeholders both within and outside the organization.
Are you a visionary leader who is ready to help take Ascentria to the next level? This may be the position for you!
Who are we?
Ascentria Care Alliance is an innovative and dynamic nonprofit organization that has spent the past 150 years helping people in need. With $135M in diverse revenue streams and over 2,000 employees, we empower people of all backgrounds to rise together and reach beyond life’s challenges, building stronger communities and helping people move forward together. We operate community based services, assisted living, and skilled nursing facilities in MA, CT, NH, VT and ME.
- Work in close collaboration with the VP of Development to develop and implement overall development goals and objectives for the organization.
- Take a leadership role with key funder and major donor relationships and solicitations.
- Work in close collaboration with the Director of Strategic Marketing and Communications to ensure that marketing support aligns with the overall strategic priorities of the agency.
- Work in close collaboration with the Director of Government Affairs to develop and promote advocacy priorities for the agency. In conjunction with the CEO, Board Chair and Governance Committee Co-Chair, develops strategies for board recruiting, governance priorities and ongoing board engagement. Develops Governance Committee agendas with Co-Chair and ensures ongoing follow-up on action items.
- As an effective leader and agent of change develop a culture of collaboration and support inspiring Ascentria to adapt to and embrace necessary change.
- Develop and maintain key community relationships with individuals who can influence decision makers
- Master’s in business, public policy, or a human services related field or law degree preferred, Bachelor’s and significant experience may be considered.
- Minimum of 10-15 years’ experience in a community based not-for-profit, or in a for-profit where responsibilities or volunteer duties included some form of community engagement. At least five years of that experience must have been at a senior/executive level role
- 5 years of progressive experience in marketing, development and/or advocacy at a non-profit organization strongly desired.
- Demonstrated experience in external relationship development and management
- Demonstrated success in handling major priorities in a fast-paced environment, ability to handle ambiguity and nuances; well organized with strong follow-up and follow through; and ability to leverage limited resources with a “roll-up the sleeves/can do attitude.”
- Ability to think strategically, anticipate future trends, opportunities and consequences and incorporate them into planning
- Demonstrated leadership and management style that is characterized by personal integrity, collaboration, influence, open and transparent communication, achievement and accountability.
- High level of business acumen, including successful P and L management.
- Strong problem solving and project management skills.
- Ability to effectively build organizational staff capacity; exceptional capacity for managing and leading people. .
- FSA and dependent care account
- 3 Weeks PTO and 9 Holidays!
- Tuition Assistance
- And many more!
Ascentria Care Alliance celebrates diversity and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, pregnancy, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, or any other legally-protected category. Candidates who identify as BIPOC, multilingual or have lived experience with immigration or human services are encouraged to apply.