Be part of the movement to end Alzheimer’s!
Right now, millions of Americans are facing the devastation of Alzheimer’s. This disease is robbing us of our finances, our families and our futures – but at the Alzheimer’s Association, we’re relentlessly working to change that by addressing the challenges in front of us with speed and without limitations or boundaries. With our network of more than 75 chapters across the country, we’re advancing world-class research, ensuring access to gold-standard care and support, and hiring talented, mission-driven people who make it all happen.
The Alzheimer’s Association has been ranked as one of the Best Nonprofits to Work For by The Nonprofit Times twelve years in a row, recognizing our leadership, competitive compensation and benefits, flexibility and mission-driven atmosphere. It takes a uniquely motivated person to be a part of our team – but we believe that person could be you!
This position will manage development and execution of local The Longest Day (“TLD”) volunteer recruitment and retention efforts and be held accountable for the achievement of income performance targets through the effective leadership, engagement, empowerment, and mobilization of a volunteer TLD Committee. Additional responsibilities will include secondary support for other chapter development efforts. The Longest Day is a signature event of the Alzheimer’s Association, a fundraising opportunity that provides flexibility to families, organizations and companies to participate in a way that not only works for them, but also appeals to them.
Reports To: Development Director, Special Events & The Longest Day
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Engage, train and manage relationships with community based leadership volunteers to develop and execute a local recruitment, cultivation and retention plan for The Longest Day teams/events
- Responsible for overall Longest Day volunteer committee development, empowerment and success
- Work to develop a new network of mid and high level contacts for the chapter and form new corporate alliances and partnerships resulting in rewarding The Longest Day teams/events
- Responsible for effectively and efficiently completing activities and meeting target deadlines for successful campaign execution
- Ensure on-going mission education for volunteer committee members
- Implement best practices for volunteer leadership development, increased participation, event revenue growth, and maintaining expense budgets with direct accountability for goals set forth in the annual budget
- Drive, support and encourage creativity and innovation at the community/chapter level
- Develop and demonstrate skills in community organization, relationship building, talent identification and leadership development
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure cross promotion, and support of, organizational goals and/or messages
- Monitor activities to identify trends and best practices; measures impact of specific actions; identifies and addresses issues as they arise and adjusts plans as required
- Utilize available resources to maximize event results and participates in webinars, conference calls and/or trainings offered by the Alzheimer’s Association for The Longest Day
- Work with chapter communications department to ensure inclusion of The Longest Day within chapter promotional/communications channels by including email, social media, e-News; public relations and local marketing efforts
- Assist other members of the development team as secondary support as needed
- Assure compliance with Alzheimer’s Association policies, standards and regulatory requirements
- Abide by the ethical standards approved by the Alzheimer’s Association, Better Business Bureau and Association of Fundraising Professional
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with preferably 2-5 years of proven experience in recruiting and mobilizing volunteers to achieve goals
- Demonstrated success in the development and promotion of fundraising events or similar peer to peer fundraising programs
- Previous experience recruiting and leading volunteer committees
- Proven ability to form and develop corporate relationships and partnerships
- Outcome driven with strong customer service orientation with demonstrated track record for revenue growth with ability to work through others to accomplish goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability in handling multiple priorities, project management and meeting deadlines with strong planning and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills, proficient with Microsoft Office products and social media; experience with, or ability to rapidly learn, Luminate/Convio software
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations/information with continuously demonstrating poise, tact and diplomacy
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% within the assigned territory by car. Travel in this case, is considered time spent away from the office, in the community, to fulfill the job goals with willingness to work on evenings and weekends when necessary
- While most such travel is same day, occasional overnight travel or air travel may be required. Must have a valid driver’s license, access to reliable vehicle, good driving record and proof of automobile insurance
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds
Employees working 24 hours/week or more are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flex accounts, short and long-term disability, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, generous PTO as well as an annual Cultural & Heritage Day of their choosing, Caregiver Leave, Volunteer and School Visitation time off, paid holidays and a gold standard 401(k) retirement plan.
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and provides consideration for an employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, genetic predisposition, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Please click here for a direct link to the position and application instructions.