MAJOR GIFTS OFFICER
Seeking Experienced Major Gifts Officer Who:
- Wants to see the impact their work has on women’s lives
- Wants to contribute toward a vital and urgent mission
- Wants to grow, enrich and develop their talent and relationships
- Wants to work in a non-profit with a 46-year history that embraces a trauma informed workplace
- Will not be a road-warrior
- Would like opportunities to be collaborative, creative and innovative
Abby’s House seeks a talented, authentic, and experienced major gifts officer to join our high-performing team in achieving annual and major giving program objectives. Reporting to the Senior Director of Development and Communications, the Major Gifts Officer is an integral member of the Abby’s House Development team in our efforts to secure and grow philanthropic support. The Major Gifts Officer will identify, solicit and cultivate relationships with current and prospective annual and major donors. The ideal candidate will have experience building high-touch, long-term relationships, as well as demonstrated success in asking for and closing major and planned gifts. We are seeking a warm, enthusiastic, collaborative professional who can handle managing multiple tasks at one time and is highly motivated to make a difference in the lives of women and children experiencing homelessness and trauma.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Major Donor Solicitation and Portfolio Management; – 70%
2) Corporate Solicitation and Management – 25%
3) Manage Annual Planned Giving Program – Abby’s House Legacy Circle – 5%
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of three years of non-profit fundraising experience, with increasing responsibilities in portfolio moves management and size of gifts secured.
- Exceptional reasoning, problem solving, and analytical skills, including an ability to translate ideas and concepts into clear, actionable steps.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (specifically Word, PowerPoint, and Excel), and experience working with a fundraising donor management database.
- Confidence to proactively seek out prospective major donors, build and deepen new relationships, and solicit support.
- Ability to work both independently towards a fundraising goals, as well as collaboratively in a team setting with initiative and flexibility.
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve goals as well as meet deadlines.
- Ability to interact effectively with board members, volunteers, and co-workers of all levels, as well as representatives with representatives of other organizations.
- Exhibits compassion and empathy; works well with people of all ethnic, social, economic, and sexual orientation backgrounds.
- Willingness to enhance professional skills through trainings, conferences, and individual mentoring.
Salary & Benefits:
This position is a full-time 35-hour per week, primarily onsite position. Abby’s House provides competitive pay based on a market analysis of comparable positions and offers work-life flexibility and balance, including 4 weeks of vacation, 40 hours of sick time, and 11 holidays. Abby’s House contributes 70% toward a premium for a family or individual insurance plan through Abby’s House and offers low- cost vision and dental insurance, and employer-paid life, long-term and short-term disability insurance.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We look forward to your application!
Abby’s House is an equal opportunity employer and embraces diversity at all levels of the organization.
In keeping with our values, Abby’s House is committed to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Anti-Racism in all the organization’s activities, programs, practices, and services. We also are a Trauma-Informed organization, and we encourage applicants who have ample capacity for reflective thinking and learning and with lived experience who are well-grounded in their own recovery.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Fundraising: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: One location