About Bancroft School
Bancroft School is a community of students, faculty, administrators, and parents working together to create an atmosphere of engaged and active learning where students discover their unique paths with joy and confidence. Students are empowered to celebrate and deepen their curricular excellence and embrace their talents to emerge as leaders, humanitarians, and globally engaged citizens.
Bancroft is a PreK – Grade 12 independent day school located in Worcester, Massachusetts — a thriving city with a rich history and a bright future and one in which the school is deeply invested. Founded in 1900, the School’s 30-acre campus is in a residential neighborhood north of downtown Worcester. 400 students come from 63 cities and towns around central Massachusetts and represent a wide variety of different backgrounds and experiences that contribute to the unique and diverse learning environment. The school is committed to cultivating a community that embraces diversity and an inclusive campus in which each individual is safe, known, and valued. Bancroft students and faculty are committed to honoring the dignity of the individual and the celebration of difference.
In January of 2020, the school unveiled a 5-year strategic plan, BluePrint125 — a product of extensive internal investigation and collaborative discussion among the School’s many constituents. In recent years, the School has made significant investments in campus enhancements to improve energy efficiency, air quality, and public safety; and create flexible, multi-functional spaces in the school buildings, music wing of the Performing Arts Center, and new Field House.
Bancroft School seeks a motivated individual to join its Advancement Office to oversee its Annual Giving Program. The Director of Annual Giving, under the guidance and supervision of the Chief Advancement Officer, will have the primary responsibility of ensuring the success of the Bancroft Fund and related annual giving campaigns. Additionally, this role is responsible for growing the donor base and increasing the dollars raised while building relationships. This includes stewarding alumni, parent volunteers, and donors through data analysis, personal outreach, events, and written solicitations. The position offers an opportunity for someone who is a self-starter with strong strategic, analytical, communications, and creative skills. We are seeking a candidate who is high-energy, has a positive outlook, and who welcomes
the challenge and reward of working in a vibrant and diverse school environment.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop a comprehensive giving plan and calendar to achieve annual budgeted fundraising goals.
- Develop and execute strategies to grow the annual number of Bancroft Fund supporters by acquiring, retaining, and upgrading donors.
- Work alongside the Chief Advancement Officer to identify, research, and solicit donors for the Head’s Circle, Bancroft’s group of leadership donors.
- Manage a small portfolio of annual giving prospects.
- Develop annual appeal messaging and marketing.
- Coordinate the acknowledgement process, working closely with the Advancement Assistant.
- Plan and execute Bancroft’s Giving Day, coordinating with the Advancement and Marketing & Communications teams.
- Work with the Alumni Engagement and Events Associate on strategy that focuses on the growth of Bancroft School Reunion giving and alumni participation.
- Build a volunteer structure of parents and alumni to support philanthropy within the community.
- Oversee the production of the Annual Report, maintaining credibility of donor lists and communicating donor impact.
- Represent the Advancement Office at school and community events, including occasional nights and weekends.
- Minimum of three years of experience in fundraising at an independent school, higher education institution, or similar organization
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills
- Strong technology skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office and/or G Suite (experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred)
- Must be able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Skillset should also include strategic thinking, creativity, data management, flexibility, and high energy
Bancroft seeks dynamic candidates who will be active participants in the community beyond the classroom, with additional interest in overseeing extracurricular activities in athletics, clubs, and
activities. Bancroft is committed to cultivating and sustaining a community that embraces difference and welcomes candidates who will add to the racial and cultural diversity of our community.
Bancroft School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we subscribe to all federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination of any sort in our hiring practices.
If interested, please send a cover letter, resume, personal statement, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org