Notre Dame Academy, Worcester, is seeking a dynamic donor engagement generalist to advance the Academy’s Annual Fund and engage alumnae, their families, and community supporters. The Director of Annual Giving & Engagement reports to the Principal/Chief Advancement Officer (CAO) and works with the Advancement team to build and execute strategies for acquiring new donors, emphasizing increasing alumni participation, upgrading current donors, and re-engaging lapsed donors. They will participate in securing sponsorships and promoting donor engagement for fundraisers, annual giving, and alumnae relations events.
This position reports to the Principal/Chief Advancement Officer and participates as a collaborative team member in the Office of Advancement with the Major Gifts Officer, Donor Database & Alumnae Relations Manager, and Marketing & Communications Specialist. They will also collaborate with the Director of Admissions and other faculty and administration. While the focus will be fundraising and donor engagement, they will serve as an ambassador of Notre Dame Academy, showcasing the core values of Character, Community and Commitment while honoring the Hallmarks of the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur.
● Driving the Annual Fund, managing a portfolio of donors with the capacity to give up to $5,000 through effective communications, strategies, implementation, and stewardship.
● Develop plans with the Team to increase donor acquisition, retention, and upgraded gifts based on Annual Fund best practices paired with data analytics and the use of various communication tools.
● Write and produce compelling content for the Annual Fund. Work with the Advancement Team to produce direct mail and digital solicitations.
● Exhibit a high degree of attention to detail and accuracy based on data.
● With the Advancement Team, design and achieve annual fund-raising objectives by managing all daily operations for annual giving programs.
● Assist with planning and executing parent and grandparent-giving programs.
● Ability to manage highly confidential information.
● Conduct regular and year-end assessments of the Annual Fund performance.
● Partner with the Donor Database & Alumnae Relations Manager in cultivating and engaging over 3,000 Notre Dame Academy alumnae. Engage, listen, cultivate, solicit, and steward alumni to build community, philanthropy, and connections.
● Develop and implement engagement opportunities for alumnae.
● Assist in the execution of a regular slate of events, including Rebel with a Cause Awards, cultivation events, and Legacy Fund stewardship opportunities.
● Collaborate on the identification of sponsorship prospects with the Advancement team.
● Responsible for fundraising, stewardship, and campaign activities, particularly as applies to the Annual Fund, donor engagement, and events.
● Coordinate Stewardship opportunities and content to keep donors up to date on their gifts and aware of their impact and happenings at Notre Dame Academy in their areas of interest and the Academy as a whole.
● Participate in prospect development and assignment strategies in conjunction with the Major Gift Officer and Donor Database and Alumnae Relations Manager
Communications, Marketing, and Advertising
● Collaborate in the production of marketing and advertising collateral to promote annual giving campaigns and alumni events through flyers, web and campaign pages, digital marketing, and direct mail outreach, working with both the Advancement and Marketing teams.
● Collaborate with the Marketing & Communications Specialist on social media and other e-communications in collaboration with fundraising opportunities and promotion of annual giving.
● Update Donor information and analyze data from the CRM to drive and track annual fund goals.
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
● Five years of nonprofit or educational fundraising experience
● High energy and resourceful, thrives in a fast-paced work environment
● Excellent interpersonal skills, engagement in teamwork, and ability to manage multiple projects
● Efficient problem solver who responds with tact, diplomacy, and poise
● A respect for Catholic education and gender-specific education is preferred
● Experience working with a CRM database; Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge is preferred
Notre Dame Academy is an equal-opportunity employer.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm. Occasional evening and weekend assignments are required.
Salary: Exempt (Salaried). Commensurate with experience.
Competitive Benefits available