WICN Public Radio, Inc. is a 50-year old, non-profit NPR-affiliated radio station located in the heart of the Arts District in Worcester, MA. With over 100 hours of locally-produced music and public affairs programming each week plus a state-of-the-art professional recording and performance studio, we are a strong voice for arts and culture in Central Massachusetts.
We are seeking a full-time Development Director, working with our General Manager, who will be responsible for developing our non-profit’s fundraising campaigns, communicating with current and prospective donors, and ensuring strong revenue generation. This position includes involvement with community partners, oversight of a donor database, development of related marketing materials, and staff and volunteer management. If you have a strong leadership background in non-profit fundraising and development, we encourage you to apply.
- Develop and execute WICN’s annual development plan.
- Secure financial support from individuals, corporations and foundations, including the planning and execution of quarterly on-air fund drives.
- Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising.
- Oversee all aspects of donor administration, including supervision of individuals performing data entry related to donations and grants, donor analysis, and report generation for Accounting, Auditors, Board and Management.
- Plan and implement community and membership events, including obtaining sponsors for key special events and attending events and representing WICN in the community, as needed.
- Manage WICN’s budget related to fund development revenue and expenses.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of work experience, with 3-5 years in a fundraising management role
- Previous experience in a non-profit organization
- Strong interpersonal skills working collaboratively within a team environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail critical
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience leading and motivating others
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Solid knowledge of various computer applications, include Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and database systems required
- Bachelor’s Degree desired; Master’s or MBA a plus
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to: Sheila@wicn.org
WICN provides equal opportunity for employment to all qualified employees and applicants. No person shall be discriminated against in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal or state statutes.