Friendly House was founded as a Settlement House in 1920 to respond to the needs of community residents, providing a safety net in their lives. Today, Friendly House is a $6m multi-service organization providing crisis stabilization, food, shelter and housing, social services case management and a host of safe learning and recreation programs for youth. Friendly House works as an integrating force for the families and the neighborhoods it serves.
The Development Director reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for the strategic growth of the organization’s fundraising and stewardship activities. This person will drive, coordinate, and with assistance of staff, Board members and volunteers, implement the organization’s development efforts, including fundraising events, donor stewardship, correspondence and communications, and management of donor database. This is full-time with the opportunity for hybrid of onsite/remote work.
- Create annual revenue projections and craft an annual workplan of fundraising goals, activities and events. Partner with the Executive Director on strategic direction of fundraising and communication efforts;
- Cultivate and reinforce relationships and organizational visibility in the Worcester community, explore and develop opportunities for new sources of funding;
- Drive and coordinate annual fundraising event(s): negotiate and secure venue & catering, oversee creation of materials, mailings, maintain lists, etc;
- Ensure timely and accurate recording of gifts to Friendly House, draft donor acknowledgment language and stewardship correspondence and liaison regularly with Finance Office to reconcile grant and donation revenue, and make revenue projections;
- Maintain and update donor and prospect files in database;
- Communication: partner with Executive Director and program staff on e-newsletter content, Draft press releases, talking points, participate in production and design of printed and e-communication materials, help to maintain a consistent voice, messaging and brand integrity across all mediums;
- Provide updates to online giving, donor news, and related content of website;
- Coordinate foundation support: research and assess prospective funders; Draft grant proposals and coordinate with program staff to track grant submissions and awards; coordinate application submission and monitor upcoming deadlines.
- 5+ years of experience in fundraising, marketing and/or communications
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to nurture and steward long time relationships.
- Exceptional writing and proofreading skills and overall attention to detail. Demonstrated project and event-management experience.
- Prior experience with CRM/database management required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and fundraising software, Constant Contact or Mail Chimp e-correspondence, and willingness to learn new programs, as needed.
- Highly organized, with ability to prioritize and to work both collaboratively and independently.
Salary Range: $75,000-$85,000
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Friendly House is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and actively seeks a diverse pool of candidates. Employment decisions are based on merit and organizational needs and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by law.
Learn more about us! Visit www.friendlyhousema.org