Reporting to the Assistant Vice President of Development, the Development Associate is responsible for data management, direct marketing, and administrative support for the Advancement team at Seven Hills Foundation & Affiliates. This position is responsible for entering data for all gifts and grants, ensuring donor profiles are up to date and accurate, generating and monitoring queries, donor lists, and reports, and creating and processing donor acknowledgements. This position will be the first point of contact for the donors and will work closely with the Advancement team to develop and implement donor marketing strategies including donor appeals, publicity posts and content for the website and social media. The Development Associate is part of a dynamic Advancement team and provides administrative support to the department in carrying out a variety of fundraising and marketing activities.
Under the supervision of the Assistant Vice President of Development, work with the Advancement team to support the fundraising and administrative needs of the organization including but not limited to:
- Maintains and manages all aspects for donor database (currently Donor Perfect) ensuring data accuracy and systems integrity.
- Ensures the timely data entry of all gifts in databases, including checks, online giving, credit card, cash, recurring gifts, payroll deductions, matching gifts, wire transfers/EFTs, gifts-in-kind, and event ticket purchases.
- Processes all gift/grant acknowledgment letters in a timely manner and updates or tailors messaging as needed for all donations, including planned gifts, tribute letters for honor/memorial gifts, and corporate and foundation gifts, with support from Advancement team.
- Accurately inputs and updates data and profile information as received from returned mail, e-mail, phone calls and other sources, as well as donor contact reports, oversees characterization of gifts, and similar data management support.
- Produces mailing lists for appeals, newsletters, and annual reports.
- Verifies and track pledge gifts/grants and coordinates and executes monthly pledge reminder process.
- Maintains data and generates queries and reports, donor profiles, giving history, and tracking campaigns and events, strategic planning, research and other communications and marketing needs.
- Generates and circulates weekly and/or monthly reports to appropriate stakeholders within Seven Hills Foundation & Affiliates.
- Codes and tracks fundraising appeals, grants, and events in database.
- Works closely with finance department to reconcile financial and ensure timeliness and accuracy of revenue reports.
- Maintains relationship and training resources for database, database vendor, and Seven Hills IT department.
- Provides administrative support to the department in carrying out a variety of fundraising and marketing activities.
- Acts as first point of contact for prospects and donors with questions about giving to Seven Hills Foundation & Affiliates.
- Works in close coordination with the VP of Advancement and the AVP of Development to create strategies and manage tactics that expand reach and attract new, deepen current donor giving, and retain current donors, including appeals, cultivation, and stewardship communications, promoting giving societies, donor recognition, recurring giving programs, etc.
- Assists the VP of Advancement and the AVP of Development with donor acknowledgment strategy and development of collateral materials.
- Assists the VP of Advancement and the AVP of Development with donor appeal and solicitation strategy and development of collateral materials.
- Supports and manages the production and dissemination of communications and appeals on multiple platforms, including direct mail, email, website, social media, text, and phone.
Qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business or related field, with a minimum of two years (2) years of experience in nonprofit fundraising. The successful candidate must possess the ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously and handle deadlines professionally. The Candidate will demonstrate successful oral and written communication skills, with English fluency required. A valid Driver’s License and access to reliable transportation is required. Proven advanced PC skills with extensive knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe, and experience using a donor database platform such as DonorPerfect is required.
Apply here: https://careers-sevenhills.icims.com/jobs/25056/development-associate/job?mobile=false&width=991&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-300&jun1offset=-240