IMS is seeking a skilled and motivated professional to support our fundraising and outreach initiatives as a critical member of IMS’s Development and Communications team. The successful candidate will show initiative, demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and attention to detail, and display a strong customer service orientation. The Development Associate will help develop and execute strategies that encourage financial contributions to IMS. This role coordinates the ongoing implementation of fundraising initiatives and donor programs, which aim to ensure the organization’s long-term sustainability, mission and values.
- Supports IMS’s major fundraising activities
- Manages and grows participation in IMS’s monthly giving program
- Cultivates donor and prospect relationships
- Researches potential donors and works with Development team to develop an ongoing pipeline of prospects
- Solicits donations at the end of IMS retreats from course participants
- Coordinates annual appeal and other targeted development campaigns
- Helps plan and execute events for IMS supporters and friends
- Supports the Development & Communications Director and the Senior Development Officer in representing IMS and its mission to members of the public
- Provides key administrative support for the Development Department
- Responsible for data entry and timely processing of gifts and acknowledgments
- Generates fundraising reports and maintains accurate and up-to-date donor records
- Maintains department supplies, including the distribution and mailing of donor appreciation gifts
- Maintains mailing lists and filing systems
- Supports and protects silent retreat environment; upholds ethical principles
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- 2 years or more experience in a professional fundraising environment preferred, with experience in cultivating relationships with donors and prospects
- Proficiency in MS Office, database software, and Google Apps; experience with graphics programs and A/V software preferred
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills, including public speaking
- A professional and resourceful style with strong organizational, time-management and problem-solving skills
- A strong customer service background with a commitment to providing a high level of service
- Familiarity with or sincere interest in meditation or mindfulness preferred
~ This position is available immediately ~
Qualified applicants: Please forward résumé, a cover letter detailing your interest in the position, and the completed Staff Application (available at www.dharma.org) to IMSjobs@dharma.org.
This is a full-time, 40 hour per week position offering health and dental benefits, Flexible Spending Account, meal plan options, generous paid time off, and an abundance of meditation resources, all within a friendly and caring environment.
IMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds.
IMS is a spiritual refuge for all who seek freedom of mind and heart. We offer meditation retreats rooted in the early Buddhist teachings of ethics, concentration and wisdom. These practices help develop awareness and compassion in ourselves, giving rise to greater peace and happiness in the world.