Job Summary: Reporting to and in partnership with the Director of Advancement, the Associate Director of Advancement plays an important role by participating in all fundraising, marketing, and communications activities including donor and public relations, direct mail appeals, and special events for Nativity School of Worcester. The Associate Director of Advancement plays a crucial role in advancing the school’s mission through developing and maintaining relationships with our corporate and community partners.
CHARACTERISTIC JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include any or all of the following:
- Assist the Director of Advancement in organizing, managing, and directing all special Development events including receptions, dinners, and the annual spring auction
- Act as primary writer for online and print content for Nativity Worcester including the school’s website, annual report, Mail Chimp electronic newsletters, press releases, and act as the primary creator of content for the school’s social media accounts
- Collaborate with the President and Director of Advancement on marketing, branding, and advertising
- Conduct preliminary research on prospective corporate foundation and individual donors
- Act as the primary contact for processing of donations and prepares acknowledgment letters and other correspondences
- Coordinate with the Director of Operations to reconcile donation deposits
- Update and correct database records
- Assist the Director of Advancement developing, and stewarding relationships with corporations, foundations, and individuals, especially for the duration of the ongoing capital campaign
- Assist the Director of Advancement with the organization and execution of the Student Sponsorship Program
- Assist the Director of Advancement in researching and writing grant proposals to charitable foundations and corporations
- Maintain foundation, corporation, and individual donor files
- Coordinate stewardship for supporters of the school, namely prepare thank you cards and pictures for school visitors, in-kind gifts, major donors and other community partners
- Manage the recruitment, hiring, and supervising of summer and work study interns and event volunteers
- Cultivate relationships with interns and volunteers beyond their time at Nativity Worcester
- Engage the Worcester business community in Nativity’s mission and work, to help graduates find meaningful summer employment, internships, and post-college employment
- Mentor graduates in résumé building, creating cover letters, and interview preparation
- Coordinate with the Graduate Support team to direct workshops for graduates to build career-readiness skills
- Conduct internship site visits for feedback from supervisors
- Facilitate mentorship opportunities for graduates with community partners
- Connect Nativity Worcester graduates to community networking events
- Collaborate with the Director of High School Placement and Director of College and Transition to design graduate summer workshops
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Knowledge of development/fundraising concepts and appropriate solicitation techniques
- Strong interpersonal/human relations skills
- Strong verbal and professional written communication skills
- Marketing and presentation skills
- Project management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Supervisory skills
- Ability to interact with diplomacy and tact amid influential clients and diverse groups
- Ability to maintain relationships with significant and influential individuals
- Ability to adapt and respond to various situations
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
Education and experience equivalent to: Bachelor’s degree (MA a plus), experience with event planning, fundraising databases and social media; supplemented with marketing and development related experience.
TO APPLY: Submit a cover letter and résumé to:
Elizabeth Wambui, Director of Advancement, Nativity School of Worcester, 67 Lincoln Street, Worcester, MA 01605 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary commensurate with experience.
To learn more about Nativity Worcester visit www.nativityworcester.org.