Job Number: 2022-42370
Category: Administrative Professional
Location: Shrewsbury, MA
Business Unit: UMass Med School
Department: School – Adv-Annual Funds – W400112
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary Grade: 44
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: Feb. 2, 2023
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the direction of the Director of Annual Giving or designee, the Associate Director of Annual Giving works to inspire and steward alumni and parent donors. The Associate Director will utilize writing, graphic design, reporting, marketing, and customer service skills to create and report on fundraising materials. Responsible for independent action on multiple projects as assigned, including a variety of initiatives such as Class Gifts, Giving Days, Leadership Donor Societies, and Reunion. Tasks vary according to the priorities of the department.
- Collaborates with the Director on the creation of print appeals and copywriting for direct mail and e-mail solicitation
- Assists in the execution and planning for UMass Chan giving days including the development of communication materials, print and email solicitations, online giving forms, the giving site and texting.
- Partner with Communications staff to develop content, collateral and other creative elements as needed
- Develops and implements strategy to steward and cultivate UMass Chan giving societies, including the creation of stewardship materials, working with the Executive Director to develop a programming and event strategy, and developing a communication strategy tailored to leadership groups.
- Track and analyze response to annual fund appeals to assess performance.
- Organize and manage volunteer fundraising events such as Giving Days, phonathon/textathon
- Assist senior staff with project development activities: compiling data, drafting reports, and assisting with special projects
- Maintain project files and support materials
- Update the Director or designee on project details and changes in a timely manner
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
- 3 years of experience in public relations, marketing/advertising, non-profit, communications, sales or customer support
- Possesses strong oral and writing skills
- Works well as member of a team
- Superb attention to fine details
- Self-starter who needs minimal direct oversight and has strong organizational skills
- Excellent PC skills with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint experience
- Volunteer fundraising experience
- Ability to create digital and print fundraising materials utilizing a variety of software applications including MS Office Suite, Canva, Adobe Creative Suite, Contact Contact, ect.
Apply Here: https://www.ummsjobs.com/job/8989/