GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the direction of the Director or designee for the Annual Fund Program in the Office of Advancement of UMass Medical School and UMass Memorial Health Care, Inc., the Assistant Director, Annual Funds will assist in the planning, implementation, and execution of annual fund solicitations for various schools (including reunion giving, phonathons and 4th year giving campaign) and/or research and health care programs.
The Assistant Director will work with the Director or designee on direct mail appeals, e-communications, social media and phonathon project operations including liaising with multiple internal constituents and vendors as direct mail projects are brought to completion. Projects may include information gathering, data integrity analysis, project management schedule maintenance, invoicing and budgeting assistance and project coordination in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment.
- Organize and plan work activities of the Department for review with appropriate senior staff
- Implement and manage tasks in accordance with departmental objectives
- Participate as a member of project teams
- Assist senior staff with project development activities: compiling data, drafting reports, and assisting with special projects
- Maintain project plans in Microsoft Project and produce related project reports
- Compile and analyze data, and draft project reports for review by senior staff
- Initiate and maintain contact with key personnel including staff, department heads and external parties
- Update the Director or designee on project details and changes in a timely manner
- Review pertinent correspondence, communications and other background materials on a daily basis to remain current on project and operation details
- Draft routine correspondence, meeting minutes, management reports for the Director or designee and department staff
- Prepare multi-media presentations and reports utilizing a variety of software applications including, but not limited to: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Develop and maintain time schedules for department staff, project events and office activities
- Maintain project files and support materials
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, a related field, or equivalent experience
- 1 year of experience coordinating and planning projects
- Ability to work in a team and meet performance deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills necessary to interact with clients and staff
- Demonstrated experience in using computer-based tools including electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheet and database products.
For further information and to apply, please click here: https://www.ummsjobs.com/job/4621/