Families throughout Central Massachusetts and MetroWest choose Bancroft School for its robust college-preparatory academics and supportive community. The Bancroft experience fosters good people who emerge as leaders, humanitarians, and globally engaged citizens. Bancroft students develop deep connections in the community, and form lasting relationships with faculty, coaches, and peers. Each child’s individual learning style and interests guide their explorations into core academics, arts, sports, and co-curriculars. Founded in 1900, Bancroft is Greater Worcester’s leading independent PreK–12 day school.
Bancroft School seeks a motivated individual to engage alumni in support of the overall mission of the School. The Alumni Engagement Officer is responsible for developing and managing a strategic plan for increased engagement of, and giving from, Bancroft alumni. This forward-facing position requires an apt persona for managing volunteers and events, as well as developing a robust alumni communication and giving program. The Alumni Engagement Officer is an integral member of the Advancement team and reports to the Chief Advancement Officer. We are looking for a candidate that is flexible, and who welcomes a challenge and the reward of working in an academic environment.
Primary responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Alumni Relations and Volunteer Management
- Provide leadership and direction for alumni programming.
- Advance the network of alumni volunteers through the reunion program and other meaningful opportunities.
- Serve as liaison to the Alumni Council, and its committees.
- Recruit and support reunion volunteers.
- Manage the Class Secretaries program.
- Alumni Events and Fundraising
- Manage the Reunion program, including the planning of class events and the reunion giving program.
- Organize regional events to engage alumni outside the Worcester area.
- Oversee Homecoming activities
- Other Areas of Responsibility
- Assist in the bi-annual production of The Bancroft Bulletin with outreach for classnotes as well as identifying interesting alumni stories to feature.
- In collaboration with the Director of Marketing and Communications, oversee alumni social media presence and website content as it relates to alumni efforts.
- Represent the Advancement Office at school and community events, including some nights and weekends.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in an Advancement Office, or related non-profit
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrated experience managing events, as well as volunteers
- Must be able to work intuitively and independently as well as part of a team
- Skillset should also include critical thinking, collaboration, leadership, creativity, data management and time management
If interested, please email a cover letter, resume, and references to Tina Gorski-Strong, Chief Advancement Officer at email@example.com Please, no phone inquiries.